Thursday 4 January 2024

Round and Round in Circles




It's surprising how much work goes into creating a website blog that is compliant with all of Google's new algorithm requirements.

The easy part this morning was writing an informative blog.  Trying to maintain the 70/30 ratio of informative to sales blogs.

Then came the next step adding the H2 and H3 headings; adding graphics; the table of contents; internal and external links; SEO tags and Meta tags then publishing it.

It is a pain, but definitely pays off as most of my blogs are now indexed on Google within 24 hours. But oh how I wish for the easier days of writing and publishing.

Google Adsense

This was on my hit list yesterday and today I checked on progress to find my website was deemed not ready for AdSense.

So, I've had to add 
  • a popup for EU compliance.  
  • New GDPR and CPRA compliance policies.  
  • A plugin to create a popup tick box for accepting cookies  
  • ChatGPT wrote the compliance policies which I edited to make more sense for my website.
  • Google had a checklist that was completed to say everything was in place.
But the website was still not approved for Adsense.  So, off to my web host community for some advice.  

The suggestions they came back with were
- the site need 20-30 articles. No problem I have 42 on the site.
- there needs to be a certain level of impressions.  Again I exceed the number of impressions.

They came up with 9 suggestions.  The website exceeds all the suggestions except the one for the website being less than 6 months old.  

Ah well, back to the drawing board on monetising that website.  Might have to go back to good old-fashioned private advertising.

Have a great day.