Saturday 30 December 2023

Understanding Google Impressions and Page Views

 What are Google impressions and why are they important?

Just two weeks ago, my website The Online Entrepreneur, was receiving an average of 130 impressions.  Suddenly, for the past 3 days it has been over 400 impressions.  Why has this gone up and is it a good thing.

As a content creator, just launching a new website it takes time to get the website high enough to get good rankings and people viewing the website. 

Many different strategies help your site get better rankings such as SEO Keywords.  This is what I have focused my attention on since launching the website along with creating content that Google likes and will index.

Indexing has proved easier than I first thought with most of the articles on the site indexed.  The ones that aren't, I've spent some time working on to get them up to scratch.

Impressions is the number of times my url links have been shown to searchers.

With the number increasing to 400 quickly it means I'm on the right track of getting my content and offers in front of potential clients without spending any money on advertising.



Another piece of data that was fascinating today was the time spent viewing a page.

It's quite fascinating that the second most viewed page with an average viewing time is the testimonials.

I created a separate page where I updated all the testimonials received from clients and peers. 

The average time spent on the site is 9 minutes 49 seconds.

I guess testimonials are still important.

Have a great weekend